Roundtable: Are you ready for GDPR
Tuesday 12th December 2017 at UKFast Campus, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M15 5QJ
This roundtable will discuss the implications that GDPR will have on businesses.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) represents the biggest shift in data protection in a lifetime.
The regulation will hand back control to consumers over the use of their personal data but for companies it means a race-against-time to become compliant.
With the May 25th 2018 deadline fast approaching, businesses now have less than six months to get their house in order or risk facing fines of up to £17m (€20m) or 4 per cent of worldwide turnover (whichever is greater).
Is it too late to get ready? What steps should companies be taking next? Who is responsible for making sure that an organisation is compliant?
These are just some of the questions which will be discussed at BusinessCloud's 'Are you ready for GDPR?' roundtable on December 12th.
- Liz Ashall-Payne, founder and CEO, ORCHA
- David Helliwell, founder, Helliwell Media
- Kristina McGuirk, marketing director, UKFast
- Chris Hunter, creative director, HM Network
- Daniel Burton, CEO, Wondrwall
- Andrew Stellakis, managing director, Q2Q IT
- Anna Dick, CTO, Hiring Hub
- Elizabeth Clark, co-founder and CEO, Dream Agility
- Martin Knapp, CEO, SI-A
Take a look at our upcoming events below and see how you can get involved.