Female Founders deadline approaches
As nominations for BusinessCloud’s ‘101 Female Founders in Tech’ list draw to a close, the entries flooding in show an incredibly diverse range of businesses.
The list, which is set to appear in the final 2017 edition of BusinessCloud, will celebrate the incredible women who have taken an idea that uses tech in some way and turned it into a first-rate business.
With nominations closing soon, the entries showcase a hugely diverse range of entries, from a business that makes 3d-printed museum objects for children, to another offering IT software solutions, to one creating wearables for kids.
In an industry that’s been called out for a lack of diversity, the list will show that there are some incredible women creating tech solutions for every kind of problem.
These women are joining a long line of female problem solvers, from the first computer programmer to the inventor of correction fluid – the precursor to Tipp-Ex.
So, if you’re a woman who’s started a tech company, or know someone who is, then send in your nominations now!
- ‘Female founder’ is defined as a woman who started or co-founded a tech business (they do not need to currently still be involved in the business)
- Tech is defined as a company that is using tech to disrupt a traditional industry or is creating / selling a technology-based product
- To be considered the business must be based in the UK and the nominee should currently be living in the UK
- The judges are looking for supporting information, such as evidence of commercial success; growth; or global impact
- The closing date for entries is September 11th, 2017
How to enter:
- If you would like to nominate someone else please email email@example.com with contact information for the nominee if possible
- If you are a female founder simply complete the following questionnaire so we can find out a bit more about you and your business, making sure to include contact details http://www.businesscloud.co.uk/questionnaire-founders
- Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org