How is tech driving the Lancashire Powerhouse?
Date added: 8th Jun 2017
Lancashire is quickly putting the power into powerhouse - and tech could be key to its success.
Some of the county's leading manufacturers and fast-growing technology companies spoke at our half-day conference as part of the St George's Day Charity Festival in Lytham.
In this video they consider the landscape in Lancashire, how firms can tackle the skills gap, whether schools and colleges are doing enough, buyouts and investment and lessons it can learn from Silicon Valley.
We heard from:
• Matthew Hirst, CEO, Utiligroup
• Luke Massie, managing director, Vibe Tickets
• Stewart Townsend, managing director, Digital Lancashire
• Stephen Johnson, co-founder and director, ROQ
• David Haythornthwaite, founder and chairman, Tangerine Group
Share this video on social media