Roundtable: Tech in manufacturing
Tuesday 7th March 2017 at Manchester, DLA Piper, 1 St Peter's Square, Manchester, Greater Manchester M2 3DE - #manufacturingtech
Technology’s role in revolutionising the manufacturing industry will be the subject of this roundtable discussion sponsored by DLA Piper and Jumpstart.
The UK’s manufacturers have been tasked with becoming the engine room of the country’s post-Brexit economy.
A weak pound, rising energy prices, increases in the cost of raw materials and general political uncertainty have led to businesses looking towards technology as the catalyst for increased productivity and efficiency gains.
When the Bank of England Governor Mark Carney predicted that 15 million British jobs could be replaced by robots, the world took notice - but manufacturers have been leading the way in automation for years.
So what's the future of technology in manufacturing? Who are the companies who are using tech as a driver for growth?
These are just some of the questions which will be answered at BusinessCloud’s ‘Tech in manufacturing’ roundtable.
A panel of tech entrepreneurs will be joined by industry experts to look at what the future holds.
• David Judge, managing director Cormar Carpets
• Nicola Drinkwater, partnerships manager, Tech North
• Stephen Fitzsimons, region manager, EEF
• Malcolm Evans, CEO, The UK Manufacturing Accelerator
• Hugh Sheridan, CEO, Wellnostics
• Luke Stubbs, IT and IP commercial lawyer, DLA Piper
• Samantha Nicholson, manufacturing and low carbon manager, Business Growth Hub
• Steve Mulholland, manufacturing director, Polyflor
• Vikas Shah, CEO Swiscot Group / investor / visiting professor (MIT Sloan, Lisbon)
• Sandy Findlay, Partner Manager, Jumpstart
Chris Maguire, editor: firstname.lastname@example.org; @editor_Maguire
Jonathan Symcox, deputy editor: email@example.com; @JonathanSymcox
Andrea Wolfendale, director of events: firstname.lastname@example.org; 0161 215 7142
Ian Hughes, multimedia journalist: email@example.com; @ilhughes_
Take a look at our upcoming events below and see how you can get involved.