LCR Construction Skills Summit
Thursday 15th November 2018 at No 1 Mann Island Liverpool, Merseyside L3 1BP .
This event runs from 8am to 10am (registration 7.30am).
Liverpool's landscape is changing with new developments taking place across the city region. The flagship £2bn Knowledge Quarter will transform the city but it's not the only show in town with a mixture of residential and office development taking place.
But where are all the construction workers coming from and could the shortage undermine the region and even push up costs?
Leading figures from the worlds of construction business, education, local authority and politics will be answering these questions head-on by our LCR Construction Skills summit.
Topics and itinerary
- Industry trends on the scale of the skills crisis in construction
- Developers share their experiences
- Could the shortage undermine the region’s future economic performance?
- Could construction costs rise and building projects be delayed?
- How is Liverpool City Region tackling the shortfall?
- Training options available to create a secure pipeline of construction workers
- Role of apprentices
Why attend - and what you’ll learn
- Hear first-hand from some leading names in construction
- Find out what training options are available?
- Gain insights into 2019
- Network with other tech businesses
- Take away free copy of BusinessCloud
Sara Lawton, director, Construction Impact Framework
Mark Lawler, MD, Baltic Creative CIC
Asif Hamid MBE, chair of the LEP
Sandra Kirkham, group MD, Progress to Excellence Group and chair of Wirral LEP
Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor, Liverpool City Region Combined Authority
Tom Powell, MD, Complete Training Solutions
Dr Paul Jones, senior development manager, Capital & Centric
Wendy Smith, partnership manager - Liverpool, CITB
7.30am – 8.00am Guests arrive / registration
8.00am – 8.05am Welcome and introduction, Chris Maguire, editor, BusinessCloud
8.05am - 8.40am Panel 1:
Asif Hamid MBE, Chair of LEP, @AsifHamid_LEP
Sandra Kirkham, group MD, Progress to Excellence Group, @sandra_kirkham @Ptoetraining
Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor, Liverpool City Region Combined Authority, @MetroMayorSteve
Wendy Smith, partnership manager – Liverpool, CITB, @WendySmithCITB
8.40am- 8.45am Audience Q&A
8.45am – 9.20am Panel 2:
Tom Powell, MD, Complete Training Solutions, @TomDPowell
Dr Paul Jones, senior development manager, Capital&Centric, @capitalcentric
Mark Lawler, MD, Baltic Creative CIC, @balticcreative
Sara Lawton, director, Construction Impact Framework, @ciframework
9.20am: Closing remarks, Chris Maguire
Take a look at our upcoming events below and see how you can get involved.