How to become the ultimate NED
Friday 15th November 2019 at UKFast Campus, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M15 5QJ - #ultimatened
Tech Manchester will be running an event focused on non-executive directors with BusinessCloud on Friday 15th November.
Non-executive directors – or NEDs at they’re often referred to – are a key part of a successful board.
They may lack the profile of the chairman, but a good NED will bring their skills, experience and considerable contacts book to help businesses grow.
What you’ll learn
Starting by asking: ‘What is a NED?’ the event will offer practical tips on becoming a non-executive director and the tangible difference they can make to a business.
It will hear first-hand from NEDs and companies who have witnessed the difference they’ve made – both good and bad.
It will answer the questions:
- What is a non-executive director?
- How can NEDs improve a company’s performance?
- How can I become a better NED?
- How much time does the role involve?
- What is the age of the perfect NED?
- Why is gender and diversity so important?
8.30–8.55am – Registration and refreshments
8.55–9.00 – Introduction from hosts Patricia Keating and Chris Maguire
9.00–9.35 – Panel 1 followed by audience Q&A
9.35–10.10 – Panel 2 followed by audience Q&A
10.10–10.45 – Panel 3 followed by audience Q&A
10.45–11.00 – Conclusions
11.00-11.30 – Networking and refreshments
- Dianne Walker, award-winning NED and Sunday Times ‘Dame Helen Alexander’ 2019 NED to Watch winner
- Martin Keelagher, entrepreneur and NED of PR Cavalry and KeyGeni
- Sarah Perris, North West ambassador and presenter for Women on Boards
- Stuart Thompson, Reorient Consulting director, chairman of the Institute of Directors for Lancashire and NED of assetcool.com, mgiss.co.uk and spexbox.co.uk
- Jo Cherrett, COO, Trafford Leisure
- Muhammad Asim, co-founder and CEO of Arro Money and Marq Millions
- Megan Pantelides, market director, private equity and corporate services, Board Intelligence
- Richard Gregory, serial NED and former director of Tech North
- Catherine Barber-Brown, consultant, NED, interim executive
- Stuart Clarke, NED at Synap and festival director of Leeds Digital Festival
- Sarah McKenna, NED, chair and presenter for NEDonBoard
- Paul Battye, chief executive, Hoffmann Reed
- Robert Binns, entrepreneur and NED at PFP Energy, Arpeggio Properties and Windrush Initiatives
- Michael Mateer, chief marketing officer and director, VirtualNonExecs
Take a look at our upcoming events below and see how you can get involved.