The search is on to find the UK tech sector’s best female entrepreneurs.
Historically tech has been a male-dominated industry, which is why BusinessCloud has launched a quest to find the 101 Female Founders of Tech.
The list, which will appear in the final 2017 edition of BusinessCloud, will celebrate the incredible women who have taken an idea that uses tech in some way and turned it into a first-rate business.
It will build on the incredible reception of BusinessCloud’s inaugural 100 Female Role Models in Tech list in 2016, which received over 3 million impressions on Twitter and won widespread praise.
The new list will celebrate the female leading lights and the unsung heroes of the tech world.
If you’re a woman who started a tech business, or know someone who is, we want to hear from you!
BusinessCloud editor Chris Maguire said: “Computer programmer Ada Lovelace is just one of the most famous examples of a trailblazing woman in the industry who wasn’t recognised when she was alive.
“Today the world is full of examples of women who are at the forefront of tech and we want to showcase their work so they inspire the next generation.
“Our100 Female Role Models in Tech list in 2016 was a massive success but we didn’t just want to repeat what we did last year so we want to shine a light on the women who have started or co-founded a tech business.”
Closing date for nominations is September 11th and they can be emailed to email@example.com
- ‘Female founder’ is defined as a woman who started or co-founded a tech business (they do not need to currently still be involved in the business)
- Tech is defined as a company that is using tech to disrupt a traditional industry or is creating / selling a technology-based product
- To put forward an individual just send in the name and relevant details of the person you’d like to nominate. Include location details and a contact email and phone number
- To be considered the business must be based in the UK and the nominee should currently be living in the UK
- The judges are looking for supporting information, such as evidence of commercial success; growth; or global impact
- If you have any questions, email Katherine.Lofthouse@businesscloud.co.uk
- The closing date for entries is September 11th, 2017