Do you dare to be different?
BusinessCloud has joined forces with Havas PR to recognise these risk-takers and the innovators who are looking to change the world.
If you’re doing something completely new, or have fallen in love with a revolutionary tech product that’s changed your life, we want to hear about it for our upcoming ‘101 Tech 1sts’ list.
The tech doesn’t have to be as radical as a new mode of transport, we want to hear about any and every tech ‘first’ – from the game-changers to those that simply have an element of being new to them.
Revolutionising everything from the way we reduce food waste to how we shop, these companies – new and old – are using tech in some of the most innovative ways that we’ve ever seen.
The 101 products will be included in a list of a 101 ‘Tech 1sts’ and many of the companies behind them will have the chance to pitch to a range of investors at an exclusive event later in the year.
Special awards will be given to the best products with one winner given a ticket to CES 2018 in Las Vegas*.
The Consumer Electronics Show (best known as CES) is an annual trade show and attracts innovators from all over the world.
BusinessCloud editor Chris Maguire said: “Innovation is the engine room of the UK economy and technology is the rocket fuel for growth. Tech 1sts is designed to showcase those companies which have invested in R&D to bring new products to the market.
“The products could be disruptive, of global significance or just a bit wacky but part of it has to have an element of being first. It could be completely tech or part tech. I think the selfie stick is a really good example of a product that has worked to enhance technology.
“We’re delighted to be working with Havas PR and we’re currently in discussions to work out the nature of the event for later in the year.”
Nigel Hughes (pictured above), board director at Havas PR UK, said: "Being first to the market with something truly innovative is the most exciting place to be in the business world.
"So many of the stories we tell for our clients focus on how they are using new technologies to improve their relationships with customers.
“I can't wait to see the 101 ideas that make the final list."
- To nominate fill in this online form by August 18, 2017, being sure to include location details.
- If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
- A full list of criteria can be found below but judges are looking for more than just numbers so include details of obstacles overcome; evidence of investment; orders; growth; any intellectual property or patents secured etc.
- Tech is defined as a company that is using tech to disrupt a traditional industry or is creating / selling a technology-based product;
- Submissions could include a physical product with an element of tech in it; an app; a social medium platform etc;. It would also be a device that been used to enhance another tech product like the selfie stick;
- Submissions will be expected to provide evidence of what makes the entry innovative and first. Include details or any IP and patents taken out on the product;
- The product must be five years old or less (invented on or after September 1, 2012). Older products would be expected to show evidence of commercial support. Newer products would be expected to show business projections;
- Supplementary information on turnover; profit; investment; workforce should also be provided. Any information that is confidential should be clearly marked up as confidential and will not be published. It will only be seen by the judges.
*or an equivalent prize