Jo-Ann Whittingham (BSC, CPFA) is a Senior Professional Lecturer in Accounting and Finance.
She became CIPFA (Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants) in 1992.
Jo-Ann joined Grant Thornton in 2012, having previously worked for the Audit Commission for 20 years as an audit manager, delivering public sector audit and assurance.
She has a broad range of practitioner experience working with large public sector bodies such as Councils, Hospitals Fire, Police and Probation and a number of Charities. Her responsibilities have included
- delivering opinion on financial statements
- reviewing arrangements value for money
- grant claim certifications
- working with clients to improve their closedown for financial statements
- review of effectiveness of internal audit services
- compliance with regulation reviews
- preparing bids
- dealing with objections and challenges from the public
- challenging any actions which are ultra vires and reporting to those charged with governance
Jo-Ann also has many years’ experience of professional training, teaching accounting and PRINCE2 at Postgraduate level and is currently working towards her Fellowship of Higher Education.