London Tech 50: Cast your vote for capital's most exciting firm
The day has finally arrived to cast your vote for the capital’s most exciting technology company – welcome to London Tech 50.
After sifting through nominations and carrying out our own research, we have compiled a long-list of more than 200 disruptive companies who are using tech in innovative ways.
We have assembled a stellar panel of judges who will each choose their top 15 companies. They are:
- Dr Lopa Patel MBE, CEO, Diversity UK
- Martin SFP Bryant, tech commentator and founder of Big Revolution
- Eoin Marsh, Entrepreneur Engagement Manager (London), Tech Nation
- Karthi Velayutham, director, Women Who Code London
- Sophie Eden and Sam Gordon, founders, Gordon & Eden
- Sue Daley, associate director, technology & innovation, and Matthew Evans, executive director, techUK
- Jonathan Symcox, editor, BusinessCloud
For the next two weeks we are also running a voting process for the general public. You have until midnight on Thursday July 18th to vote.Vote for London's most exciting tech firm now!
The final 50 ranking, which will be published on July 29th, will be decided by a combination of the judges' rankings and public vote.
We have included the names of the companies, the boroughs in which they are based and a short description of what they do.
Businesses must be harnessing tech in a disruptive way and be able to demonstrate that. They may also have evidence of:
- high/fast-growing turnover
- workforce growth
- investment/high-profile backers
They are all tech-first organisations. We have not included large companies in other sectors with internal R&D departments, or technology infrastructure businesses such as telecoms.
It is the first of 11 annual regional ranked lists which will aim to shine a light on the companies of all sizes who are doing amazing things with technology. We will publish one ranked list a month every year from February through to December. Full details are available here.Vote for London's most exciting tech firm now!