Seven entrepreneurs offer start-up survival advice
The first seven speakers have been confirmed for a joint event by BusinessCloud and Tech Manchester aimed at improving the survival chances of tech start-ups.
Ben Hookway, CEO of Relative Insight; Anthony Chadwick, CEO of The Webinar Vet; Anastasia Kenyon, founder of Kandi Cosmetics; and Gemma McCall, co-founder of Culture Shift, are the latest speakers confirmed for our breakfast event ‘ Tech start-up survival guide’ at UKFast Campus, in Manchester on the new date of May 16th.
They’ll be joining Sean Murphy, director/consultant, Evidential; Gary Rohloff, co-founder and managing director, Laybuy; and Rechelle Davis, director of Liverpool-based Energy Fairies with more speakers to be confirmed.
Statistically less than 50 per cent of start-ups will survive long enough to celebrate their fifth birthday and the percentage is thought to be even lower in the tech sector, where staffing costs are higher.
The event will look at a range of challenges facing start-ups including:
- Creating the perfect business plan
- How long do you bootstrap a start-up?
- Getting the right legal advice (ie. shareholder agreements; patents; IP etc)
- Taking on the right investment
- When should you pivot a business?
- The importance of networks and mentors
- Choosing the right office
- The right time to recruit
- Monetarising a great idea
- Turning a start-up into a scale-up
We’ll be joined by a series of tech entrepreneurs who will be sharing their battle stories of starting a business and their successes and failures along their way.
- The date of the event has been brought forward from the original date of May 31st.