BusinessWise Solutions energised by tech investment
Investing a six-figure sum into a new tech dashboard for clients has seen a Lancashire-based energy procurement firm win a raft of new customers.
BusinessWise Solutions has grown turnover to £2.5m and expanded its workforce to more than 30 on the back of its investment in online portal UTILITYi.
The company is an energy procurement and management specialist which was established to allow big energy users to forward-buy their energy and save money in the process.
Managing director and co-founder Frazer Durris said UTILITYi enables customers to see their energy consumption in real-time on an easy-to-read dashboard.
As the energy procurement market was evolving and becoming more competitive, Durris says investing in the dashboard was fundamental to the business remaining at the forefront of the industry and securing new clients.
“We’re really well known for our energy management services and expertise, which we couldn’t provide without the UTILITYi dashboard," he said.
“It’s now become a fundamental part of our offering.”
Durris was speaking at BusinessCloud's recent 'Future-proof your business through tech' event, which was held at the UKFast Campus in Manchester on 10th October and was sponsored by Cascade HR.
The other speakers at the event were:
- Rob Snelson, chief technology officer, Travel Counsellors
- Mark Rowe, technical director, Secarma
- Jonathan Bowers, managing director, UKFast Enterprise
- Damien Loughran, partner, Williamson & Croft
- Will Lewis, founder, OBI Property
- Oliver Shaw, CEO, Cascade HR
- Becky Boys, social marketing expert, The Social Media Geek
- Paul Green, chief commercial officer, Godel