50 men who are championing gender diversity - full list
Some of the biggest names in technology have been included in a prestigious list of 50 men from across the UK who are championing women in business.
The FT & HERoes Champions of Women in Business lists were published today and are broken down into three listings: 100 Female Executives; 50 Female Future Leaders; and 50 Male Executives.
The announcement comes as BusinessCloud continues its hunt for 101 Female Entrepreneurs in Tech – deadline for nominations 28th September.
→ READ MORE: Nominate female tech entrepreneurs now
The CEO of US cloud computing company Salesforce, Marc Benioff, was at third place with Vodafone CEO Vittorio Colao coming in fourth.
Telstra’s CEO Andrew Penn is in eighth place with Cicero Group Executive Chairman Iain Anderson ranked at number 13.
Rob Mukherjee, Vodafone’s outgoing North West Regional Chair, is at number 34. Mukherjee has played a pivotal role in the Northern Powerhouse agenda and won a string of awards including Best Male Mentor in 2017 and Northern Power Women Agent of Change in 2018. In August he announced he would be leaving the telecoms giant after 12 years.
→ READ MORE: Mukherjee to leave Vodafone in reshuffle
INvolve is a membership organisation championing diversity and inclusion in business.
See the full list below.
- Paul Polman, CEO,Unilever
- Peter T Grauer, Executive Chairman, Bloomberg
- Marc Benioff, CEO, Salesforce
- Vittorio Colao, CEO, Vodafone
- Michael Cole-Fontayn, Chairman, AFME
- Steve Varley, UK Chairman, EY
- Brian Cornell, CEO, Target
- Andrew Penn, CEO,Telstra
- Peter Harrison, Group Chief Executive, Schroders
- Paul Rawlinson, Global Chair, Baker McKenzie
- Les Matheson, CEO, Personal & Business Banking, RBS
- Wim Dejonghe, Senior Partner, Allen & Overy
- Iain Anderson, Executive Chairman, Cicero Group
- Ajay Banga, President & CEO, Mastercard
- Ivan Menezes, Chief Executive, Diageo
- Chris Wei, Global Chairman Aviva Digital, Executive, Aviva
- Ron O'Hanley, President & COO, State Street
- Christopher Stirling, Global Chair, KPMG Life Sciences, KPMG
- Jim Cowles, EMEA CEO, Citi
- David Liao, President & CEO, HSBC Bank China
- David Sproul, Senior Partner & Chief Executive, Deloitte
- Oliver Benzecry, UKI Chairman and Country Director, Accenture
- Matt Elliott, People Director, Virgin Money
- Dominic Christian, Global Chairman Aon, Aon Benfield
- Mark Read, CEO & COO, Wunderman & WPP
- Rakesh Kapoor, Chief Executive Officer, RB
- Andrew Pearce, Managing Director-Operations, Accenture
- Johan Lundgren, CEO, easyJet
- Keith Weed, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Unilever
- Murtaza Ahmed, Managing Director, Artistic Milliners
- Richard Robinson, Managing Partner, Econsultancy
- Josh Graff, EMEA Vice-President of Marketing Solutions and UK Country Manager at LinkedIn
- Sir Roger Carr, Chairman, BAE Sysytems
- Rob Mukherjee, North West Regional Chair, Vodafone
- Tom Casteleyn, Managing Director, Global Head of Custody Product Management, BNY Mellon
- David Hynam, CEO, Bupa UK
- Matt Hammerstein, Head of Barclaycard UK & Retail Lending
- Daniel Kramer, Executive Vice President, Chief Client Experience Officer, Asset Servicing, BNY Mellon
- Matthew Krentz, Senior Partner and Managing Director, Global People Chair, The Boston Consulting Group
- Osman Faiz, Chief Information Officer, Singapore, Standard Chartered Bank
- Jörg Ambrosius, Executive Vice President. State Street Bank
- Omar Ali, UK Financial Services Managing Partner, EY
- Colin Passmore, Senior Partner, Simmons & Simmons
- Karl Edge, Midlands Regional Chair, KPMG
- Matthew Norris, Global Head, Standard Chartered Global Business Services, Standard Chartered Bank
- Alex Atzberger, President, SAP Customer Experience
- Seamus Smith, Executive Vice President, Global Payments & Banking, Sage plc
- Mark Burgess, Deputy Global Chief Investment Officer, Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- Simon Linares, Group Human Resources Director, Direct Line Group
- Mark Heighton, Head of UK Real Estate Team, CMS
How to enter BusinessCloud's 101 Female Entrepreneurs in Tech list:
- If you would like to nominate someone else please email firstname.lastname@example.org with contact information for the nominee if possible
- If you are a female entrepreneur wishing to nominate yourself simply complete the following questionnaire so we can find out a bit more about you and your business, making sure to include contact details
- Please mark any confidential information as such