UK entrepreneurs top Forbes '30 Under 30'
From the CCO of What3Words to the 23-year-old entrepreneur helping to build AI for transportation, the great and the good of Europe’s tech sector have been included in Forbes’ European ‘30 under 30’ list.
Begun in 2016, this year’s list puts European tech entrepreneurs alongside the likes of actors Daniel Radcliffe and Killing Eve’s Jodie Comer as influential young people making waves across the continent.
The ‘Technology’ list, which included companies from Germany, Italy, France, Poland and Sweden, was dominated by UK names with 11 companies on the list including at least one UK rising star.
Tom Watson and Tushar Agarwal, founders of Hubble are two of the featured tech entrepreneurs.
Launched in 2015 and based in London, the company uses AI to power an online marketplace to match businesses and entrepreneurs looking to rent office space with those who have it.
Also featured is Phoebe Hugh, of insurance startup Brolly. Powered by AI, it helps people understand what insurance they need, finds the best policies and then helps manage them simply and easily.
Hugh has previously featured on BusinessCloud’s 35 Under 35.
Barney Husey-Yeo was also featured. The 29-year-old founder and CEO is the brains behind Cleo, an AI-powered ‘digital financial assistant’. The ‘chatbot’ app advises users on their spending and of deals in the marketplace while automatically placing money into a savings account based on what they can afford.
Clear was named in BusinessCloud’s 101 FinTech Disrupters List
The list was judged by Sonali De Rycker, a partner at Accel, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, co-founder of Klarna, and Herman Narula co-founder of Improbable and member of the first 30 Under 30 list.
The full Forbes list can be seen below:
- Simi Awokoya, 26 - founder, Witty Career
- Tushar Agarwal, 30 and Tom Watson, 28 - cofounders, Hubble
- Phoebe Hugh, 29 - founder, Brolly
- Barney Hussey-Yeo, 29 - founder, Cleo
- Clare Jones, 30 - CCO, what3words
- Harry Keen, 28 - cofounder, Hazy
- Tolulope Ogunsina, 29 - cofounder, Playbrush
- Kike Oniwinde, 26 - founder, BYP Network
- Kiryl Trembovolski, 27 - chief operating officer, Behavox
- Wluper – Hami Bahraynian, 29, Maurice von Sturm, 29, Nikolai Rozanov, 23
- Francisco Hein, 28 - cofounder, Fever
- Alan Bekker, 29 - cofounder, voca.ai
- Tony Beltramelli, 28 - founder, Uizard Technologies
- Co-founders of CallPage - Andriy Tkachiv 22, Ross Knap 26, Sergey Butko, 22
- Davide Dattoli, 28 - founder, Talent Garden
- Lucas Carlsén, 29 + Fredrik Fors, 29 - cofounders, Hedvig
- Ignacio Bachiller, 26 cofounder, Fever
- Conall Laverty, 29 - founder, Wia
- Diana Gabriela Miron, 27 - CEO, JSLeague
- Carlos Pierre, 28 - founder, Badi
- Sergi Baños Lara, 27 - CTO, wefox Group
- Michael Rumiantsau, 29 - founder, FriendlyData
- Michael Siebers, 29 - cofounder, Holidu
- Rasmus Rothe, 29 - cofounder, Merantix
- Alessio Avellan Borgmeyer, 28 - founder, Jodel
- Emma Smith, 26 - cofounder, Eversend
- PayFit – cofounders • Benjamin Chino, 29 - chief product officer, Everoad
- Pierre-Baptiste Béchu, 28 + Xavier Durand, 27 - cofounders, Aircall
Germany and Finland
- ultimate.ai – Sarah Al-Hussaini, 25, and Reetu Kainulainen, 29 (Gemrany), Jaakko Pasanen, 29, and Finland Markus Rautio, 29 (Finland)
- Wolf3D –Haver Järveoja, Kaspar Tiri, Rainer Selvet, Timmu Tõke (co-founders)